Do you suffer from any of the following: nausea, headaches, respiratory problems, or general pain? If so then Peppermint oil should be your go-to essential oil! We here at Sure Cure offer Aromatherapy Massage where the massage therapist gives you a list of essential oils to pick from and then incorporates it into the massage, beginning with a deep inhalation of the essential oil then followed by the oil being used on your body with the massage gel, oil or creme.
There are so many amazing benefits of Peppermint Oil:
- Reduces Muscle & Joint Pain: apply the oil topically to provide relief for muscle pain
- Prevents sinus congestion: inhaling this oil helps relieve congestion of the sinuses
- Suppresses appetite: rubbing this oil on your temples will help to suppress those cravings and make you feel full faster
- Boots Energy: if you suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome, peppermint oil can help improve energy levels and focus.
- Prevents Allergy: peppermint oil along with clove and eucalyptus oil can help prevent risk of allergies by relaxing your nasal passages and clearing out the nose.
- Treats Acne
- Relieves Headache
- Promotes Hair Growth
- Dental & Oral Care
- Treats Nausea
- Treats respiratory Problems
- Improves Digestion
- Reduces Stress
- Relieves Spams
- Treats Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Boosts Immunity
- Improves Blood Circulation
With so many benefits who can one resist this essential oil? The correct answer is that they can’t! Before we go any further let’s find out the origin of this essential oil. According to Organic Facts peppermint oil is a crossover between watermint and spearmint which are native to Europe. This herb is known to be antimicrobial and known for its medical uses. The numerous health benefits of peppermint oil have been studied and proven by science. This oil can also used as a flavoring agent such as for peppermint bark during the holiday season.
The uses of Peppermint oil are truly endless. The following are ways to incorporate peppermint oil into your daily life:
- Shampoo: add peppermint oil to your shampoo to give your scalp a cooling effect and it also eliminates dandruff and lice.
- Bug repellent: peppermint oil can easily keep away the bugs, ticks, ants, any insect you want away from your home.
- Nail care: peppermint oil can help prevent fungal nail infection
- Teething: if your baby is having a hard time with teething, then mix one-part coconut oil and part one peppermint oil and apply to the gums
- Sunburn: with summer coming up fast knowing having a quick hack for sunburns is very important. All you have to do is mix coconut oil and peppermint oil together and rub on the affected area.
Overuse of peppermint oil can cause allergic reactions like flushing, tongue spasms and mouth sores, heartburn, headaches or anal burning.