Types of massage therapy:
- Swedish massage. There are five basic strokes in Swedish massage therapy: effleurage (long smooth strokes), petrissage (kneading, rolling, and lifting), friction (wringing or small circular movements), tapotement (percussion), and vibration (rocking and shaking movements). Swedish massage provides full-body muscle relaxation, and it can be especially helpful if you’re recovering from an injury.
- Lymphatic Drainage Massage.Manual Lymphatic drainage specially but not limited to lymphedema is used by specialized liecensed massage therapist to stimulate lymphatic system witout compressing the vessels to make sure lymph isnt trapped anywhere and treated each area with care. Lymph nodes filter debris throughout the body and Large number of Lymph nodes are found in neck, armpit and groin area.Specific stokes and patterns are used to drain the lymph flow to circulation.
- Aromatherapy massage. An aromatherapy massage is a Swedish massage with scented plant oils (known as essential oils) added to the massage oil. The soothing effects of aromatherapy massage can benefit a variety of conditions, including headaches, insomnia, certain digestive disorders, back pain, and even premenstrual symptoms. Before receiving an aromatherapy massage, make sure you’re not allergic to any of the plants used in the oils, since they may cause a skin reaction.
- Hot Stone massage. Hot stone massage uses warm stones. The therapist places heated, smooth stones on specific points on the body and also holds the warm stones while giving the massage. If you have certain medical conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, or varicose veins, you should check with your health care provider whether it’s OK for you to get a hot stone massage. Likewise, if you take any blood-thinning medication, be sure to get a medical opinion first.
- Deep Tissue massage. Deep tissue massage is a focused, therapeutic massage that targets muscle knots (also known as “adhesion’s”) and specific problem areas in the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue. Using deliberate, slow strokes or friction across the grain of the muscle, the therapist addresses chronic tight or painful muscles, repetitive strain, postural problems, or injuries. This type of massage is particularly beneficial for people with chronic pain or lingering injuries that cause limited mobility. It’s effective in treating repetitive stress injuries such as tennis elbow or carpal tunnel syndrome and can be helpful in reducing the symptoms of osteoarthritis.
- Pregnancy massage. Also known as prenatal massage, pregnancy massage is customized to an expectant mother’s needs but is most often used to promote relaxation. Since many pregnant women suffer from lower back pain and swollen ankles especially in the later months, prenatal massage is a relatively safe, drug-free way to provide relief. Massage therapists who have received specialized training and are certified in prenatal massage know how to position and support the woman’s body during the massage, modify techniques, and avoid certain areas and techniques during pregnancy. Most will have a special table that allows the woman to rest comfortably and safely during the massage.
- Reflexology. Like having your feet worked on? The therapist uses finger pressure and techniques such as kneading and rubbing to promote relaxation and healing in the body. Reflexology is based on “reflex areas” on the hands and feet. Their energy is believed to be connected to organs and other body parts. By applying pressure to the reflex points, the reflexologist can balance your nervous system and stimulate endorphins, the body’s natural pleasure response, which reduces stress and discomfort. This can be a deeply relaxing therapy, especially if you stand all day or have tired, achy feet. You remove your shoes and socks but otherwise remain clothed.
- CANCELLATION POLICYAny changes to appointment must be made within 24 hours of your appointment. 50% of the treatment price is charged for Late cancellations. No shows are charged in full. If you are using a Groupon voucher the voucher will be redeemed for late cancellation or no show.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE POSTS
4541 N.JOSEY LN. SUITE 130 CARROLLTON TX 75010
Sonoma House 2048 E Hebron Parkway Carrollton, Texas 75007
9:00 am To 6 pm Mon-Fri
10:00 am To 6 pm Mon-fri